Thursday, August 21, 2008

~ LibErtY !!! ~

Ama-gi, an early human symbol representing freedom in Sumerian Cuneiform


Liberty, a concept of political philosophy identifies the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will. As simple as an individual has the freedom to do something without any interruptions from any parties, meanwhile he or she should not interrupt others parties while practicing their own will.


More than 2 years ago, I proudly told all the audiences in a debate match saying while the society getting developed, human will obtain more freedom. Where we able to achieve our dream, able to manage our life easier, able to do whatever we desire and bla bla bla…..


Today, the two years later. I have doubt on myself. Do social contract invented by Hobbes, Locke and Rousseau secure our freedom? Do the international law really secure our freedom too? Do the constitutions of Malaysia really secure our freedom too too? Do the advancement of technology and standard of living secure our freedom too too too? I have doubts. But no worries, I’m not going to talk about politic here. (as myself has felt speechless toward Malaysia’s politic). Let’s look at this issue from a small little citizen point of view.

When your time is controlling by something so called policies…
When you are required to explain so much just because you fall sick…
When your personal preferences need to be adjusted due to the so called career needs…
When your daily spending is controlling by your monthly income…
When your monthly income is controlling by your boss…
When your daily schedule is controlling by the traffic condition…
You got freedom? I got doubts……

One single strong reason why we hunger so much for FREEDOM – We do not owned IT.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

high tech....

~ah w@i~大炮王~ said...

Expatriate Bin,

Wat you mean ????